2019 Sunshine State Games Fencing
Entry fee is $60 for the first event and $30 for each additional event and includes an official Sunshine State Games t-shirt. NO refunds.
- Each applicant must complete an Individual Entry Form and Waiver of Liability and submit them by the entry deadline or register online at sunshinestategames.com.
- All entries must be received by May 27, 2019 or register online at sunshinestategames.com Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director with a $20 late fee. NO registration will be taken the day of the event.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm their registration by visiting sunshinestategames.com or calling toll-free 1-866-FL-GAMES (354-2637).
- Proof of USFA membership is required. Applicants MUST list their USFA membership number under the “NGB #” field.
- Open events are for persons born on or before 2002.
- Div1A/1/2/3: Born in the year 2005, or earlier.
- Youth 10 events are for persons born between 2008-2011.
- Youth 12 events are for persons born between 2006-2009.
- Youth 14 events are for persons born between 2004-2007.
- Veteran division events are for persons born in the year 1979 or earlier.
- All events will use the National Direct Elimination format. If there are less than six participants in an event, the event will be combined by gender.
- Any event with less than six participants (after combining by gender) will use pool play format.
- All entrants should check-in at least 30 minutes prior to the start of their event.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top three finishers in each event.
- A team trophy will be awarded to the top fencing school/club.
Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals will be awarded to first, second, and third place finishers in each class. At the discretion of the Sport Director additional awards may be given.
- This tournament will be conducted in accordance to United States Fencing Association (USFA) rules.
- All equipment must meet current USFA requirements. Masks and Lames will be inspected.
- Electric sabers will be used.
- Sweat pants are prohibited.