Hotel Indigo Gainesville-Celebration Pointe
5020 SW 30th Lane
Gainesville, FL 32608
8:30 a.m – Check-in/On-site Registration
9:00 a.m. – Forms Competition
1:00 p.m. – Push Hands Competition
Modern Short Hand Form Novice Only – TC001
|Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules||
OPEN – No qualification performance necessary.
1. Tai Chi entry fee is $20 for the first event and $5 for each additional event. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be available on-site at designated competition check-in times.
2. On-site registration fee is $30 for the first event and $5 for each additional event.
3. All mailed entries must be received by November 20, 2020 at www.floridaseniorgames.com. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 20, 2020 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
4. It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm their registration by visiting www.floridaseniorgames.com or calling 850-577-7200.
5. Indicate weight in section labeled “Weight” on entry form.
6. Participants may only register for a maximum of five (5) events.
1. Modern Short Hand Form: Yang 8, Yang 16, or any health-oriented Tai Chi program sequence. Open to novices only.
2. Traditional Tai Chi Hand Form includes any traditional tai chi form, any style.
3. Tai Chi Sword: Yang 32 sword, for instance
4. Novice Hand Form time limit: No minimum, 3:00 maximum
5. Time limit for all other Hand and Weapon Forms is 3:00 minimum and 3:30 maximum.
6. Each push hands division will be divided into bodyweight classes as follows:
7. Each division will be divided into age groups in accordance with Florida Senior Games Rules of Competition.
8. If possible, pending the number of participants, competition will be round-robin style. Otherwise, single-round elimination.
9. At officials’ discretion, a competitor may compete, if he or she wishes to, in the next lower age group and/or higher weight group if there are no other competitors in his or her division.
1. Competition will be conducted in accordance with the Florida Taijiquan Association rules, unless modified herein. Complete rules can be obtained at www.floridataijiquan.org.
2. The Novice Forms division forms will be evaluated according to the principles of Tai Chi. Competition is open to participants who have not competed for more than two years and are not competing in other hand forms.
3. Open Push Hands Clinic: This is a non-competitive opportunity to practice and learn about push hands in a friendly environment. A space will be allocated for doing push hands with others without judging. Beginners are encouraged to participate and “push without points” in order to learn about push hands together.
4. Push Hands competition is fixed step only: Both feet must remain in contact with the floor at all times. Heel or toe may be raised briefly, but the foot may not leave floor or change position. Advancing and retreating are not permitted. Matches consist of two 1-minute rounds. Players begin by touching right wrists and achieving neutrality. Players change leg position after each round.
5. For details on rules and regulations, visit http://www.floridataijiquan.org/.
|National Senior Games Qualifying||
Tai Chi is not a program of the National Senior Games.