GSC Volunteer Opportunities
The Gainesville Sports Commission works with event organizers year-round to host, and help others host, sporting events in the city of Gainesville and Alachua County to create an economic impact for our community. Many enlist the assistance of volunteers in order to successfully produce their event. Please fill out the form below to receive our volunteer information for future opportunities.
GSC Field Experience
The Gainesville Sports Commission works with collegiate and graduate students to provide field experience hours needed for school or personal experience. Field experience hours will provide a first-hand look at various aspects of a sports commission. If interested in Field Experience, please fill out the form below and attach a resume to the form below including a cover letter as one attachment.
Gainesville Sports Commission Internship Program
The GSC utilizes interns to assist the organization with event operations and event marketing. Internships are offered during the fall, spring, or summer academic semesters to university students.
The GSC Internship Program provides (collegiate or graduate) students with an opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the sports management industry. Interns have the opportunity to work in multiple facets in a sports commission and areas that involve the planning, executing, and promotion of events in the Gainesville area and Alachua County. Individuals within the program should be prepared to be a key part of the team and to work directly with executive director, Joleen Cacciatore Miller and other members of the GSC team as we work with each of our event partners to ensure an excellent, memorable event for all attendees.
- A background in Sports Management or related field is preferred
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities
- Excelled oral and written communication skills
- Excellent communication and human relations skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Availability on the weekends of GSC Events
If interested in the GSC Internship program, please fill out the form below. Applicants must attach a resume to the form below including a cover letter as one attachment.
- Volunteer Applications: No deadline, alway accepting.
- Field Experience and Internship applications are semester based. Applications need to be submitted by the following dates for each semester:
- Spring: November 1 of the same year
- Fall: June 1 of the same year
- Summer: March 1 of the same year
- If you have a certain deadline that has been administered by a class/course credit, please specify that deadline when applying.