The 15th Annual Gainesville Senior Games will take place on October 3-18! All adults ages 50 and over are eligible to compete in the following events:
– Archery (October 3)
– Basketball 3 on 3 (October 17)
– Basketball Shooting (October 17)
– Billiards (October 18)
– Bowling (October 16)
– Cycling (October 16)
– Golf (October 9)
– Swimming (October 18)
– Table Tennis (October 17)
– 5K Race and Track & Field (October 17)
Please click on the link below to view and print the Registration and Waiver page:
Waiver and Registration Form
Each participant receives a 15th Annual Gainesville Senior Games T-Shirt and goodie bag. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals are awarded in each event.
Age groups for each event are divided in 5 year intervals, beginning at age 50. All doubles and team competitors will be determined b the youngest player.
The Top 5 in each age group for each sport will qualify for the Florida Senior Games in Clearwater, FL on December 5-13, 2015. This is not a qualifying year for the National Senior Games.
– You may enter as many sports or events as you desire (Except Swimming: up to 6 events)
– $15 for first event, $5 for each additional event
– Additional one-time facility fees required for:
5K/Track and Field: $5
Thank you to our sponsors and partners for the 15th Annual Gainesville Senior Games!
The 15th Annual Gainesville Senior Games Bowling competition will take place on Friday, October 16 at Alley Gatorz Bowling Center. Please see below for the events offered and format of the competition.
Mixed Doubles (BW012)
Take Exit 382
Turn Left on FL-121 N/FL-331 N/ Williston Road
Continue to follow FL 331 N for 5.6 miles
Continue onto NE State Road 24/NE Waldo Road for 2.0 miles
Alley Gatorz Bowling Center will be on the left (behind Sonny’s Bar-B-Q)
1. Tournament will be based on scratch scores.
2. Bowlers will be placed in divisions by age and gender.
3. Bowling times and lanes will be assigned by the Event Director.
4. Bowlers will bowl three games. Winners are determined by total pins over three games (same lane).
5. One game roll-off will break any ties.
Top 5 in each age group at Local Game Qualifying site. Participants that qualify are eligible for all bowling events.
The 15th Annual Gainesville Senior Games Cycling competition will take place on Friday, October 16 at the Gainesville Auto-Plus Raceway. Please see below for the events offered and format of competition.
5K Time Trials (CY013)
10K Time Trials (CY014)
FROM I-75 North
Take Exit 390
Turn Right on 39th Avenue – go 11.5 mi
Turn Left on SR-24 (Waldo Road) – go 1.3 mi
Turn Left on NE 53rd Avenue
Immediate Right on CR 225 – go 3.3 mi
Raceway will be on the Right side
Drive to the back of the complex
1. Starting times for the time trials will be at equal intervals, usually one minute, but no less than thirty seconds. No allowances will be made for mishaps, mechanical or otherwise.
2. Starting order for the time trials will be from youngest to oldest starting with males and ending with females.
3.Time Trials Recumbent divisions will begin following the oldest female rider of the standard Time Trials. Starting order will be from youngest to oldest starting with males and ending with females.
4.If a rider appears later than the appointed starting time, the start will be allowed only to the extent that in the judgment of the officials it does not interfere with other riders starting on schedule. If it does interfere, the rider may be further delayed. In case of a late start, the appointed starting time shall be used in computing results.
5.The start sheet with the starting order and appointed starting times will be available for the rider’s perusal at least one hour before the start of each event.
Gainesville Area Rowing’s Gator Head Regatta will take place on October 17 at Newnans Lake. For more information, please visit http://gainesvillearearowing.com/
The 15th Annual Gainesville Senior Games 5K and Track and Field Competitions will take place on Saturday, October 17 at Fred Cone Park. Please see below for the Order of Events and Entry Regulations.
Track and Field Order of Events:
5K Race (RR018) – 8:30am
Long Jump (TF043) – 9:00am
Discus (TF040) – 9:00am
1500 Meter Race Walk (TF051) – 9:15am
100 Meter (TF046) – 9:30am
1500 Meter(TF050) – 9:45am
Triple Jump (TF053) – 10:00am
Javelin (TF042) – 10:00am
400 Meter (TF048) – 10:00am
50 Meter ( TF054) – 10:15am
800 Meter (TF049) – 10:30am
200 Meter (TF047) – 10:45am
Shot Put (TF045) – 11:00am
Softball Toss (TF052) – 11:00am
FROM I-75 Northbound
At Exit 382 for FL-121 N toward Gainesville
Turn Left on FL-121 N/FL-331 N
Continue to follow FL-331 N for 5.5 miles
Turn Right onto E University Ave. and continue for 1.6 miles
Destination is on the Right: 2841 E University Ave
1. 5K Race: All age divisions will run simultaneously.
2. All Track events are timed finals.
3. The order of events will be from oldest to youngest in running events, while field events will be on assigned order.
4. In the field events, competitors will have until the start of the next event to complete their throws or jumps.
5. All Track events will be held on a synthetic surface.
Need a place to host your sport event?
If you are looking for a place to host your state, regional, national or international sports event, look no further than our community and the GSC. Our professional staff and corps of local volunteers can skillfully host your event using our experience, industry professional standards, and best practices.
The activities of the Gainesville Sports Commission(GSC) are partially funded through the Alachua County Visitors and Convention Bureau.