The 15th Annual Gainesville Senior Games will take place on October 3-18! All adults ages 50 and over are eligible to compete in the following events:
– Archery (October 3)
– Basketball 3 on 3 (October 17)
– Basketball Shooting (October 17)
– Billiards (October 18)
– Bowling (October 16)
– Cycling (October 16)
– Golf (October 9)
– Swimming (October 18)
– Table Tennis (October 17)
– 5K Race and Track & Field (October 17)
Please click on the link below to view and print the Registration and Waiver page:
Waiver and Registration Form
Each participant receives a 15th Annual Gainesville Senior Games T-Shirt and goodie bag. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals are awarded in each event.
Age groups for each event are divided in 5 year intervals, beginning at age 50. All doubles and team competitors will be determined b the youngest player.
The Top 5 in each age group for each sport will qualify for the Florida Senior Games in Clearwater, FL on December 5-13, 2015. This is not a qualifying year for the National Senior Games.
– You may enter as many sports or events as you desire (Except Swimming: up to 6 events)
– $15 for first event, $5 for each additional event
– Additional one-time facility fees required for:
5K/Track and Field: $5
Thank you to our sponsors and partners for the 15th Annual Gainesville Senior Games!
For more information, please visit http://www.championsparknewberry.com/
The 15th Annual Gainesville Senior Games Golf competition will take place on Friday, October 9 at Ironwood Golf Course. Please see below for event offered and entry regulations.
18 Hole Scratch (GF015)
Take Exit 390
Merge onto 39th Ave. and head East for about 9 miles
Golf Course will be on the Left
1. Golfers must provide own clubs and balls2. Golf cart use during official competition is mandatory.
3. Foursome assignments will be made by event director.
The tournament will be 18-hole medal play. Handicaps are not used.
This tournament will be conducted in accordance with United States Golf Association (USGA) rules, except as modified herein. For a copy of these rules, please visit or contact:
United States Golf Association
P.O. Box 708
Far Hills, NJ 07931
The 15th Annual Gainesville Senior Games Bowling competition will take place on Friday, October 16 at Alley Gatorz Bowling Center. Please see below for the events offered and format of the competition.
Mixed Doubles (BW012)
Take Exit 382
Turn Left on FL-121 N/FL-331 N/ Williston Road
Continue to follow FL 331 N for 5.6 miles
Continue onto NE State Road 24/NE Waldo Road for 2.0 miles
Alley Gatorz Bowling Center will be on the left (behind Sonny’s Bar-B-Q)
1. Tournament will be based on scratch scores.
2. Bowlers will be placed in divisions by age and gender.
3. Bowling times and lanes will be assigned by the Event Director.
4. Bowlers will bowl three games. Winners are determined by total pins over three games (same lane).
5. One game roll-off will break any ties.
Top 5 in each age group at Local Game Qualifying site. Participants that qualify are eligible for all bowling events.
Need a place to host your sport event?
If you are looking for a place to host your state, regional, national or international sports event, look no further than our community and the GSC. Our professional staff and corps of local volunteers can skillfully host your event using our experience, industry professional standards, and best practices.
The activities of the Gainesville Sports Commission(GSC) are partially funded through the Alachua County Visitors and Convention Bureau.